Sugar is Bad. And Donuts are the Worst, Right?
I think it would be helpful to do a little sugar comparing again.
Everybody knows donuts are the classic example of the worst and unhealthiest food, right? Full of fried fat, sugar, and with no fiber to speak of…
Well, let us Sugar Kickers compare a few other foods to see how they stack up against the infamous donut for actual sugar totals. I have so often said – sugar hides. Or maybe we should say, They hide it. And you know who They are. It shows up in hundreds of foods- even those that you would never expect to contain ANY added sugar.
- Prego “Heart Smart” Italian Sauce, 3/4 cup = 1 donut.
- Hunt’s Ketchup, 3 Tablespoons = 1 donut.
- Campbell’s Creamy Tomato Soup, 1 cup = 1 and 1/2 donuts.
- Dannon Blueberry Fruit-on-the-Bottom Yogurt, = 2 donuts
- Coca Cola, one can = 3 and 1/2 donuts
- Applebee’s Oriental Grilled Chicken Salad, = 4 and 1/2 donuts
Oh my. See what I mean? In my Sugar Kicking Coaching – when I revamp
a person’s pantry, we replace them with better options. And you never feel the loss!